Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I hate housework


I hate dusting, polishing, sweeping, the whole caboodle, but as a couple are coming to view the house on Saturday - it's for sale - it's having a spruce-up. The LSO tells me they're not going to buy it for the spotless bathroom or organised airing cupboard. He's probably right.
I usually have a blitz before we set off on an adventure because it's lovely to come home to a clean house. It'll be the estate agent showing the prospective buyers around as we'll be packing Win on Friday and driving off into the 'sunshine', if we can find it.
Win is short for Winnebago - at 21 feet ours is the smallest of the Winnebago family, a Rialta (pictured above). And Win because we bought her with my Deal Or No Deal Win (note the red on the side - that's a picture of my box, number 8). What I love about motorhoming is the freedom. We can go wherever we like and I don't have to fit everything into one suitcase. I can take whatever I want and there's always room for it. Including the laptop so I can keep blogging, check emails and maybe even write. Don't ask me where we are going because the answer I always give is, 'I don't know where we're going until I see where we've been.'
Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Travelling. More chapters for your next book "Travels with my Dongle" then, I hope.

    You would have fitted in well with my old team at Herefordshire Council. Our favourite phrase was "Any road will do if you don't know where you're going!"

    I think it's to do with Business Planning, but bugger that, where's the adventure in business planning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunshine will find you - happy roving! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if it rains, you'll still be away and having an adventure. Don't forget to post photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean by saying "I don't have to fit everything into one suitcase" Have you been talking to Verica?

    ReplyDelete