Sunday, October 11, 2009

Third Anniversary



It's three years today since Anita Loughrey wore red lipstick and sat holding hands with my husband!

The lipstick was courtesy of the lovely make-up ladies at the Dream Factory. Anita was there as my friend in the audience so, when it was my show - and none of us knew that it was going to be - they did her make-up for her.

I can't believe it's been three years since that day. Here is my official photo, taken after recording had stopped. If you think I look pretty manic it's because I was. Wouldn't you be after gambling between 10p and £75,000? And as I won the big money I'm allowed a silly grin.

People often ask if I have any regrets about not winning the quarter million. The only regret I have is wearing that awful sweater. Our clothes were handed out by wardrobe before each show. Well, you wouldn't want to be with eleven ladies all wailing, 'What am I going to wear?' I almost asked if I could change but thought no-one would notice me sat in the wings. And then my name was called out to play. That sweater went straight into a charity bag as soon as I got home.

5 comments:

  1. LMAO!

    I rememeber being totally shocked after the show when I saw how bright the lipstick was and quickly going into the portoloo to scrub it off and put on my more subtle pink instead.

    It was great day and I was so proud to be your friend in the audience. I can't believe it was three years ago either. Doesn't time fly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three years! Where has that time gone?
    You were brilliant, Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita will hold hands with anyone. I have the photographic evidence from Caerleon :-)

    As for donating the jumper to a charity shop - well you had just won £75,000. You could afford a new one anyway. Mind you, I'm tempted to ask - is the replacement jumper as effective as the new watch you bought yourself with your prize money?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The watch is beautiful, Simon, so it doesn't matter that I can't see where the fingers are on its face. The replacement jumper - well there've been lots, as well as skirts, jeans, dresses... And occasionally the LSO got treated too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glynis Scrivens14 October, 2009 06:41

    I'd have kept the jumper for good luck - then again, I have a terrible track record when it comes to throwing stuff out. I guess you could've sold it on ebay and given the money to charity - bet there'd have been plenty of superstitious people wanting to get their hands on it

    ReplyDelete