Friday, November 27, 2009

Blowing One's Own Trumpet

This is something I'm not good at. (When I typed the title I managed Bowing and then Bowling.) But it has to be done.
Let's do the picture first. This year four of my short stories have appeared in four separate anthologies by Bridge House. This one will be out shortly and available at Waterstones and other stores.
I've just been asked to write a book on how to ghostwrite. It's not started yet so that's all the info I'm giving out.
My latest book, Writing From Life, (How To Books) is currently undergoing revision and will appear as a second edition, complete with new cover, next June.
No news about the gift book. I don't even have a title but it's in the pipeline and will be about ancient, and not so ancient, cures.
In the past week or so I've received half a dozen emails via my website, asking where I will be teaching, or speaking in the future. Well, if you fancy February in Fishguard visit www.writersholiday.net. A long weekend in a hotel and I'll be there tutoring writing short stories. You could opt for Poetry with Alison Chisolm, Contemporary Romance with Kate Walker, or novel writing with Catherine King. And if you want a change from writing, or you want something for you non-writing partner to do while you sweat over an empty notebook, then there are painting classes with Andrew Earney. I might give my class a load of work to do and pop off for a bit of painting myself. Only joking!
And now that's it for today, folks. I'm going back under my bushel, whatever that is.

6 comments:

  1. You have been very busy, Lynne and it looks like 2010 is going to be frantic too! It's all so inspiring though - your forthcoming book on ghost writing sounds very interesting.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I think I fancy Fishguard. Might whet my appetite for the biggie ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should wer my glasses when I look at blog postings, Diane, as when I looked at your photo I won't twll you what I thought it was! Suffice to say I am mightily relieved to discover it was an open book and a computer screen!

    Are you considering going to the big one in the Summer? How exciting!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne

    If you've got it, flaunt it! As far as I can see, your success has been well earned through sheer diligence and application. Good luck with your various projects.

    I'm well into your book now and finding it extremely useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Martin said :-)

    Flaunt and blow!

    I can't wait to get my paws on your ghostwriting book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha, Julie. Yes, I see what you mean. Great minds, eh? Or maybe not so great. :o)

    I've been considering the biggie in July for years and years and years, but I think I just made my mind up, having thunk about it over the weekend. Christmas in Canada? Pah! New Year in New York? Uh-uh. February in Fishguard ...? I think so. :oD

    ReplyDelete