Wednesday, December 30, 2009

After the clearing out



This is one of the cleansing rituals that works for me. I'm telling you all about it as Julie asked for details. We've both been having a good clear out of all the rubbish from our writing spaces but cleaning and clearing aren't always enough to get rid of the negativie vibes.

I use these tiny dishes, one for each corner. They contain the elements of air, fire earth, and water. I use salt for earth, a candle for fire and this morning a leaf fell into my hand so I'm classing that as air. After cleaning my room I place one dish in each corner. Light the candle and leave for an hour or more. It always works for me.

Other methods are -

Using a mister filled with water and a few drops of your favourite aromatherapy oil. Spray around the room.

Light some incense. Walk around the room leaving a trail of perfumed smoke.

Shift energies by clapping, putting a wind chime near an open window or ringing a bell.

I know this isn't going to be suitable for everyone and I was a bit dubious about posting it, and then I thought why not share my methods. After all there are no negative vibes in my writing room. And I happen to love little rituals like these.

5 comments:

  1. Lynne

    With a few more positive rituals like yours, the world beyond our 'writing rooms' would no doubt be a better place.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynne

    I like the ringing of a bell one and earth, fire and water. I'll give them a go.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound good :) Thanks for posting them

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's interesting, because when I have a clear out, I use a skip. That's where I've been going wrong!

    Happy New Year and may 2010 full of positive vibes only!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glynis Scrivens02 January, 2010 07:27

    It's nice to be able to give a room a different feeling. And how we feel does affect our writing. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete