Monday, February 15, 2010

Job application

Yes, the LSO has found a job he fancies. It's advertised in our local freebie and says, 'Cleaner wanted for young female. 2 days a week.'
He reckons he could see himself rubbing down a young female.
We both love reading the small ads. There are so many weirdly worded ones around. How about ' Pensioner wants someone to cut parrot's toenails.' Or our all-time favourite, under For Sale. 'Very old black lady's bicycle.' We were tempted to phone and see how the old lady was.

3 comments:

  1. You're dead right about the small ads. Each one has a little story of its own. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to start reading them!... Or writing them (for sheer devilment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 1979 when I was on holiday in the UK, I read an ad for a tour gude for an 8 day holiday to Italy. Not very reassuring - I'd bought a ticket for that tour, and it was due to leave within a fortnight

    ReplyDelete