Sunday, August 01, 2010

Competition news

After a week at Writers' Holiday I returned home to discover a message on my computer - 'All physical memory dumped!' it said, on a cheerful blue screen. The techie who came to the rescue told me the cheerful blue is actually called The Screen Of Death.
The good news is that he managed to rescue all my files. The bad news is that all my email files disappeared, apart from the address book. This means that the sub-folder labelled Competition Entries no longer exists. The LSO cannot pick a winner today as planned. I am going to have to ask you all to resend your emails to me so we can pick a winner in a week's time. Next Sunday, 8th August. No need to go through the rigmarole of going to the website to discover my pen-names. You've already done that. Just send me an email or leave a comment here saying you want to re-enter. It's Sod's Law, isn't it, that the file I most wanted has disappeared?
Sorry for the inconvenience. I was intending to reply to any questions you'd asked or comments you'd made in your emails so do try again now my 18 month old pc has a new memory.
And if you didn't enter last time Fate has given you another chance to win a copy of the second edition of Writing From Life together with a copy of the Handy Little Book For Writers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne

    I would very much like to re-enter your competition.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the 'blue screen of death'! This has only happened to me once, thank goodness. Back in 1999, I spent a frantic hour on the phone to a pal who guided me through the recovery process, step by step. Not something I would want to repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps your computer was just jealous because it didn't go to Caerleon with you?

    ReplyDelete