Sunday, November 07, 2010

Feeding the habit

I've done it. Finished the book and sent it off, only one day late. As Simon said, I should have expected problems when the deadline for a book about ghostwriting was Halloween!
While I was working on it I wrote every day, even weekends, and now I've got into the habit of writing every day. I took one day off after completion and tidied my writing room. That's when I found a children's book that needed revision. So that's what I'm returning to every day now. I don't want to lose the habit so I must keep feeding it.
By the way, the book, Ghostwriting, is out in February, can be ordered from Amazon and gives loads of way for writers to ghostwrite and make extra money. It's not all about celebrities and their life stories.

8 comments:

  1. I find the more writing I do the more I want to do, but as soon as I take a couple of days off I slide back into faffing about again!

    The book sounds really interesting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can't wait till February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, unfortunately I've got a degree in faffing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Well done for getting it finished.
    Can't wait to hear all about the children's book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all you churn out you can't possibly have a degree in faffing!! Isn't faffing a lovely word - it should describe something much more positive than, well, faffing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! As someone who this morning finished a book and filed it to his publisher, I can only admire your commitment to work! For I have faffed the entire day away and have every intention of doing so for another few days... But glad I came across your post during a late night faff. Look forward to your book too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the book. I hope it turns into a frightfully good success :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faffing - is that similar to hibernating? It sounds enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing the latest book

    ReplyDelete