Monday, January 31, 2011

Making the best of a bad germ

There’s a great aspect to being a writer. I’ve been ill for a week. It’s not flu but it’s definitely a horrible cold and sore throat and that affects the asthma. Fortunately I’m a writer and work from the next door bedroom to my sick bed so I can crawl out of bed, write a bit and crawl back. No need to look presentable as I would if I was employed in an office. No problem if I’m coughing and spluttering as I have no co-workers. I sit at the keyboard surrounded by inhalers, nasal sprays, cough sweets, Vitamins, hot lemon drinks… OK I’m milking it but only because the LSO likes looking after me. (And I am really poorly – all say Aaah!)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne,
    Hope you feel better soon. Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find a bright side for everything, Lynne - hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are well again soon Lynne! You certainly have more determination than me, if I'm ill I never manage to get ANYTHING done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh!
    Hope you are feeling better real soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I call discipline leaving your sickbed to write. I find it difficult when I'm fighting fit! Get well soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. Lucky you having someone to look after you. I was poorly for 6 weeks altogether, and the cats just don't cut it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete