Thursday, April 21, 2011

Malvern Hills



Each night throughout the long winter I have been visualising myself walking again. I’ve had a bad spell when a wheelchair was needed. Now, along with the weather, I’m improving and yesterday managed one of my visualised walks.
The LSO drove up the Malvern Hills and through the Wyche Cutting – a pass between Worcestershire and Herefordshire. We then parked up and walked a parallel path on the hills, no ups or downs, until we reached The Kettle Sings. Don’t you think that’s a wonderful name for a café? And there we had cake and cold drinks and read a few obituaries before returning. This morning my leg muscles are like bricks and my back aches, but I did it.

The obits were from the Telegraphs’s Book of Obituaries. My favourite was the self-styled Lady who listed many jobs but drew the line at being ‘a whore or a spy’.
The cake? The LSO had coffee and walnut. I had lemon sponge with inch thick cream filling and lemon icing on top.

I've added before and after pictures.

9 comments:

  1. Lynne, I'm so sorry about the wheelchair, but glad you're better now. We love the Malverns, and I think I recognise that path. Sadly, the place where we used to stay has bene sold, so we haven't been back for a while, but we spent the first night of our honeymoon there. Happy days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Lynne :-)
    (not that your back aches, but that you did the walk).
    I loved the before and after pictures!
    (And yes - what a wonderful name for the cafe).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne,
    Malvern is lovely for walking. So sorry you've had a problem with it lately. Hope you are on the mend and will be runnning a workshop in Worcestershire soon. Mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm that looks (looked) delicious, Lynne. I think it's a great name for a tearoom too - sounds like my kind of place!

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now there's a cake Lynne, and the tea shop sounds like one from a womag story. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Lynne. Your determination on thinking positively has paid off again. Well done. Oooh coffee and walnut cake. Scrumptious! And yes what a fantastic name for a cafe. Aren't names clever, so amazingly simple yet so very, very hard to think up! Happy Easter to everybody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne,

    This is just to say that this is the first time I have come across your blog and I have thoroughly enjoyed your sheer honesty and sense of humour. I've had writing in my blood since I was seven. Now, at fifty eight, I'm finally getting down to it. Three boys grown up and independent, it's 'me time' now.

    Denise Watson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everyone for their comments. And welcome to Denise. I hope you enjoy your 'me time' and get down to some writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Kettle Sings? Sounds like a great title too! A book? A play? Not just for cafes! Love this post. Best on your healing!

    ReplyDelete