Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Countdown to Caerleon

Not long now. Only 4 Big Sleeps and I’ll be there, at Writers’ Holiday which is held at the University of South Wales, Caerleon, Newport each year.
I wish I could go back to 2007 when Jane Wenham-Jones, Trish Maw, Irene Yates, the beautiful Maureen Devlin, who died in 2009, and I shared a floor. (There are five en-suite rooms to each floor.) But we can never go back in time. Each year changes, but every one of them has been good.
I think this will be my tenth year and this time I am a delegate. Usually I teach so this is going to be different again. What is always the same is the friendliness of Writers’ Holiday, the huge amounts of good food, the generous tutors and speakers…
If you’ve never been then think about 2012, when I’ll be teaching and Jane Wenham-Jones will be a speaker, and go to www.writersholiday.net to keep an eye out for next year’s programme and booking forms. It’s worth every penny. And if you can’t wait and can cope with last minute decisions, nip over now and put in a late booking, then introduce yourself to me on Sunday.
You’ll have to be quick. There’s only 4 Big Sleeps remaining.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds good, however I am not good with workshops. They frighten the life out of me. I can't think quick enough to write something on a given subject in a few minutes. I prefer lectures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds wonderful, Lynne. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful time as always - it sounds such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sue blackburn20 July, 2011 09:57

    Have a great time and make lots of new wonderful memories :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would so love to come to this, but finances and time aren't on my side. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete