Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I can't lose these





Here are a couple of my pens. The duck one used to have green sparkly hair but he moulted. The red one is a perfect solution to anyone who ever fancied writing with a quill - a ballpoint with a feather! I love pens like this because they are easy to find in my handbag. They make people smile. They do not get lost and no-one ever walks away with them.


I learned the latter when, many years ago, I worked at Malvern Theatre in the box office. Customers would borrow a pen to sign a cheque and then, mostly men, would put it in their pocket. They didn't mean to take it. Pocketing it was just a natural response once they'd finished writing. Our solution was long green pens with vividly coloured plastic tulips on the end. Strangely, no-one pocketed them and if they did they noticed immediately and returned them with a smile. Those tulips stayed with us until the ink ran out.

7 comments:

  1. Hmm. I think I might be temted to pinch that quill, Lynne, for its rarity value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking pens, a menace everywhere. I love your solution :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah pens - they're up there with notebooks. I have a tin full of run-out pens that I've collected over the years and I can't bear to part with them.
    I love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are different - I like different. I collect souvenir pens, not that I travel that much, but they are a reminder of fun times. Though your pens are making my pens look quite boring Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glynis Scrivens05 October, 2011 08:16

    When we had to part with our rooster -not allowed in suburbia - my daughter plucked out one of his beautiful tail feathers and made it into a pen for me. And it works too
    Do male writers collect interesting pens and notebooks too? Or is this a girl thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love nice pens and notebooks. I have a rainbow book (pretty colourful cover) and write down any lovely things that happen to me. Cheerful reading if having a down in the dumpy day. Love your pens Lynne - so INTERESTING! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pens! I have a pen and notebook obsession. Pen and paper! Ahhh! I was in Shropshire just a few weeks ago. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete