Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Did you miss me?


It’s been a while.
It’s one of those times when life got in the way of writing. Or health
to be precise. It’s not easy being stuck like a question mark for weeks but, on the positive side, if I’d never had a bad back I would never have sat down long enough to write anything. And I've had a bad back since 1970.
I’ve been reading. Read One Day by David Nicholls which was our Book Club choice for this month. I cheated and did something I usually never do – read the last page to find out what happened. But David Nicholls had the last laugh because what actually happened was a chapter or two before the end though you need to read the rest of the book, if you haven’t already done so.
I caught up on a pile of magazines, two of them being People’s Friend and My Weekly in which my stories appeared. And I read Sue Johnson’s inspiring book, Creative Alchemy - 12 steps from inspiration to finsihed novel. This one is a small book with the most gorgeous cover and it is filled with inspirational ideas and exercises, not only for writing novels but for short stories too. I haven’t put it on the bookshelf yet because, now that I can sit upright and stand straight, I
intend going back to it, this time with pen and paper to do those exercises. Yeah, and I’ll do the physio ones too.
Off for a stretch!

6 comments:

  1. I missed you Lynne.

    That book looks very interesting - off to have a look now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you back, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answer to your title, yes. So sorry to hear that you've been suffering, but glad that there seems to be some improvement, now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling a bit better Lynne, the book looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Lynne. Missed you. Glad you are feeling better. x

    ReplyDelete