Thursday, May 31, 2012

Three good things


I haven’t been on a bus for years. This one takes me ‘all around the Wrekin’ as we say here. The driver turns down all the side roads and we twist and turn until, finally, we reach the Library. If I’d walked it would have been two straight lines with one left turn but I’d have missed the scenery.
Morning coffee turns into lunch and then afternoon tea as Sue Johnson and I have a Mammoth Chat about our writing lives. The Library café makes a good venue.

I’m spared another mystery tour on a Midland Red bus when a neighbour pulls up and offers me a lift in his car. Unlike the bus, this doesn’t have square wheels.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been on a bus in a few decades or so. I like the sound of your bus rides :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get two buses a day, here. Consequently, we have an unusually high number of drivers in their 80s and 90s, travelling here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day - scenic tour, books, coffee, tea, good conversation, kind neighbour - plenty of writing inspiration?

    ReplyDelete