Monday, October 15, 2012

Your book is conspicuous by its absence


Those are the words my editor sent me in an email. They will remain with me for ever and should really be the title of a book.  ‘Your book is conspicuous by its absence’ was a real hefty kick up the backside and now it’s done. It stopped me faffing about and made me get down to work. I say it's done. I mean the first draft. Now comes the lovely bit. The polishing tweaking, changing it to get it as good as I can.
And I’ll let you know what it’s called when I’ve decided. And I’ll let you know when it appears.

6 comments:

  1. Well done! What kind of book is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the relief when the draft is done and you can get to the good bit, Lynne. I so agree. I love the tweaking, polishing and getting it as good as I can. It's the first effort I find so hard!! Congratulations on your hasty response to the 'hefty kick up the backside!' Yes what book is it again? :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be called (I think) Handy Tips for Writers. Not very inspiring. Hopefully I can come up with something else but I suppose that title tells you what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Tip 1 going to be: Don't miss a deadline!
    It's scary how quickly they can creep up on you, especially when you're busy procrastinating. Happy tweaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about, 'All you need to know about being a Writer.'xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I can imagine that would be the motivation required. Well done on finishing the first draft. Look forward to further updates.

    ReplyDelete