Monday, December 10, 2012

And now for something completely different...


...to my last post, is what I mean.
Today I'm doing frivolous.
Flippant is another word that comes to mind. Both used to appear regularly on my school report. I believe the way to stay sane is not to take life too seriously. As a good friend used to say, 'How can humans be serious when they have feet?' Go on, take your socks off and check them out.
A lot of people were losing the plot in the queue at the Post Office. It was a long queue and it was one day past the last day for posting cards overseas. I didn’t tut, give loud sighs or complain to everyone within hearing distance. I found something frivolous with which to amuse myself. We were all lined up by the shelves laden with cheap Xmas toys so I wound up three clockwork robots and raced them along the shelf. Once I was bored with that, I checked out the mini-kaleidoscopes. I was about to prise open a jigsaw puzzle when the LSO stepped in and stopped me.

I know that I p***ed off a few in the queue but others managed a smile. And me? I got a story out of the whole time-consuming expedition.

5 comments:

  1. Wish I'd been in that queue :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too!! Good on ya Lynne :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the ultimate irony, that in the 'season to be jolly' much of the population seems to lose its tra-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la! Sense of humour failure, or what?

    Ever thought of becoming a street entertainer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a thought. Out of the sixty plus jobs I've had that's not one I've tried.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Martin. Everybody looks so miserable! Keep winding up the robots and your fellow customers, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete