Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Uganda's 'Kill The Gays' Bill

In a matter of days Uganda's parliament is set to pass the so-called "Kill the Gays" bill, which could enshrine in law the death penalty for LGBT people.
Activists in Uganda say that one way to stop this is by putting pressure on banks with large resources in the country to condemn the bill. Barclays and Citibank both have millions of pounds invested in Uganda and wield a huge influence on the government.

Please join me and sign this petition on Change.org asking Barclays and Citibank to condemn the "Kill the Gays" bill.

Thank you,

1 comment:

  1. I had a lovely chat with my Mom today, who is an amazing person. I forget that she sits and writes her blog, she tells me in phone calls and nod, appreciatively, but very rarely do I come on and read them. Today, I took some time out of being in limbo, and read back over her posts.
    I love you Mom. And I love the LSO too.

    Now, I'm off to post your link about Uganda on Facebook too.

    ReplyDelete