Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A tear shed


Today the gas man came to call. He removed our fire because something had fallen down the chimney and was in distress. It was a starling (I'm almost sure). We managed to rescue it and put it on a warm blanket. It curled its claw around my finger and it felt strong. It even tried to take in some water. We did all we could but in the end it died. I think the horrors of its adventure were too much for it.

            We put it outside in the light. I wish it could have flown away but at least it died out in the open.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sad, but you saved him from dying a horrible death in the dark xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa's right Lynne, you gave him a dignified ending. I have a habit of looking after stragglers. Surprising how clever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very sad story, Lynne. Don't forget there's and award for you on my blog to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did your best, Lynne. Can't win them all.

    ReplyDelete