Monday, March 25, 2013


More questions to answer and as I don't have a clue what to blog about - I'm sure you don't want to know all the horrible details of the Real Flu I've had for the past week - I'll answer these from Jane Wenham-Jones's blog.
Q. Where were you born and where do you live at the moment?
A. I was born in Kidderminster, the carpet town where unemployment was then virtually non-existent. I now live in Malvern at the foot of the famous hills and I love it.

Q. Have you always lived and worked in Britain or are you based elsewhere at present?
A. I have deep roots and need to be in Worcestershire to feel comfortable.

Q. Which is your favourite part of Britain?
A. I've been around the whole coastline and reckon the UK is fantastically beautiful. Devon and Cornwall are lovely but so it most of the Scottish coastline.

Q. Have you ‘highlighted’ or ‘showcased’ any particular part of Britain in your books? For example, a town or city; a county, a monument or some well-known place or event?
A. I used Mumbles pier in a story where a rotten husband's ashes are thrown into the sea but don't quite make it. I often use places I know in short stories.

Q. There is an illusion – or myth if you wish – about British people that I would like you to discuss. Many see the ‘Brits’ as ‘stiff upper lip’. Is that correct?
A. I think it used to be but people tend to show their more caring sides now. And there's all this awful real-life stuff in magazines where there's no stiff upper lip at all, just a poor me story in lots of cases. My Gran, a Victorian, would not have approved.

Q. Tell us about one of your recent books
A. Ghostwriting is my latest but there's a new one due out soon. Handy Hints for Writers. It's a sort of expanded version of my Handy Little Book for Writers which was only available through NAWG.

Q. What are you currently working on?
A..Too many things for comfort. Trying to update Racing Start as an e-book. It's about cycle racing and after the Olympics I'm hoping there'll be plenty of interest. Same with a comic novel that was praised but turned down. Lots of regular columns to write. Short stories. Articles. And the deadline for a local magazine, of which I am editor, looms.

Q. How do you spend your leisure time?
A. Watching antiques programmes. Watching cycle races. Reading. Eating chocolate.

Q. Do you write for a local audience or a global audience?
A. I'd like to think it was global. My short stories sometimes are and Writing From Life has sold in many countries.

Q. Can you provide links to your work?
A. Provide links? You're talking to a technophobe. You could go to my website, I suppose. www.lynnehackles.com
And now, should you choose to accept the challenge, I'm passing these questions on to Teresa Ashby, Susan Jane Jones and Julie Phillips.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading more about you, Lynne :-) I so agree about the poor me stories!
    Thank you for passing the questions on :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lynne,

    Very interesting answers and thank you for thinking of me to answer them. I accept the challenge and will post my answers soon - probably at the weekend as I too am recovering from that proper 'orrible flu! Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answers Lynne, and thank you for passing on...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting, thoughtful answers Lynne. Enjoyed this post very much. So sorry you've been poorly sick and hope you are now fully recovered. Hope you are feeling better now too Julie :o) xx

    ReplyDelete