Thursday, May 30, 2013

Here a snip, there a snip


I shall be quiet for a week or so now. A little operation is imminent.
My eyelids have drooped dramatically this year and my optician suggested I consider an eyelift. Then two ladies at book club mentioned they’d had eye lifts on the NHS so I asked my doctor and he said yes and it all went through very quickly. I did tell the doctor that my mouth wouldn’t match once my eyes were done and he laughed and said the NHS weren’t going to fall for that. This op' is not cosmetic! That’s what he thinks.

The consultant said I was lucky there were no wrinkles in my forehead. Wrinkles would have meant him cutting across my forehead, along the hairline, and yanking everything up. (Yanking is not the medical term he used.)  Apparently this procedure only affects the eyes and there was I thinking that it might mean goodbye to baggy knees.
Next week I shall be impersonating Jackie Onassis  i.e. wearing very large sunglasses, while the bruising heals and then all will be revealed and before, during and after photos and story sent off to a magazine.

9 comments:

  1. Hope it all goes well - Lynne. Just think... lovely, open, clear eyes (Wish something could be done about my little piggy ones!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best Lynne. I am sure you will benefit in many ways from this operation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best Lynne. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it goes well, Lynne - look forward to seeing the photos! And I bet you look glam in your Jackie Onassis sunglasses x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a successful transformation, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it all goes well, Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eye, eye - I thought you'd see a few writing opportunities in this. Hope it all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, everyone. Joking aside, this isn't only vanity. It's a bit fristrating trying to type and having to hold one eyelid open.

    ReplyDelete