Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ageist Coffee


Warning – This is A Grumpy Old Girl Moan.      

I was in the shopping centre the other day when I saw two young men handing out free coupons for coffee in the about-to-open Café (can’t say the name in case they sue me). Several times they walked straight past me so I followed them and noticed they ignored everyone over 45/50. This company obviously only wants young customers.

This week, if I win the lottery, I plan to open a café next door to the one mentioned above. I shall call it The Old Farts’ Retreat and ban anyone under the age of 50. And, if I don’t win the lottery I shall have to make do with standing outside Café Thingy and farting loudly.

9 comments:

  1. That did literally make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you can't fart then laughing's good. Some grumpy old girls can do both at the same time.

      Delete
  2. You are so funny Lynne. I can imagine your face as those idiots ignored you. It's over priced, over sized and over rated anyway if you ask me..... costsa lot as well scuuze my spelling.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the sound of your cafe and I am under 50 (albeit only just!). Would you let grumpy ladies in their forties in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be very welcome as long as you go next door first and fart loudly!

      Delete
    2. I think I could manage that!

      Delete
  4. I will come to your cafe! I bet there will be lovely cake and books, and lots of nice people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping you don't win the lottery (for the nicest reasons) the alternative would be too good to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I put my name down for one of your free coupons? I'm assuming you'll be serving proper coffee, not all these silly young people's beverages.

    ReplyDelete