Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The upside of The Three Week Cough or In bed with Phil Rickman


 
 
I’ve been spending time in bed with Phil Rickman. Well, what else could I do when suffering from the dreaded Three Week Cough, brought home from Wales by the LSO? I ordered the two books that I didn’t have in his Merrily Watkins series and began again with number one – Wine Of Angels. Now I’m on Book 8 and still coughing. With luck, by the time I finish number 12, The Magus Of Hay, my cough will have gone.

And here’s a shelfie for you. A whole shelf filled with Phil’s books. And, in case you’re wondering the shelf underneath holds some old leather bound books and my great-grandmother’s bible.In bed with

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling loads better, Lynne. Love the 'shelfie!' Must give Phil Rickman a try - when I've waded through my two and a half 'shelfies' of books waiting to be read, not to mention what's on my KIndle! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the bible where you found the old postcards, Lynne? Being ill is the greatest excuse for having time to read... hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon, Lynne. We have a few shelves like that - Henning Mankell has a shelf, also Sheila O'Flanagan, and of course Jane Austen, Charles Dickens......

    ReplyDelete