Tuesday, April 01, 2014

April (already!) Giggle Blog


1.One of my best friends is Elizabeth (Betty) Moulder. She writes short stories for Woman’s Weekly and other magazines. Recently she had a dilemma. She was booked in to hospital to have a small lump removed from the side of her nose and the letter she received said she needed someone to take her to, and collect her from, hospital and to stay the night with her. Obviously, I volunteered. Where’s the dilemma? I hear you asking. Well, it said the driver/carer had to be a responsible adult and Betty reckons I don’t fit that category. I am now booked to be the cheerer-upper, post-op. I am going to look for a big hat with a veil so that she can cover her bruises and stitches and I can take her out to lunch.
 
2. My visits to the nurse for new dressings are now well into double figures. (See blog below for more info.) I'm there every other day and the  surgery waiting room is beginning to feel like a second home. When I told the nurse this she said that the time to worry is when one of the receptionists actually says Hello Mrs H.
Guess what happened this morning?

3. I have two mobile phones. If I lose one I can use the other to phone and find it. My hope is that I never lose both.

8 comments:

  1. Lucky Betty having you as chief cheerer upper! Good on you, Mrs H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, I think cheering up has always been my job, Teresa.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Mrs H, they'll be giving you your own room next:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank-you! I just want to stay away from there, once my crater has filled.

      Delete
  3. Ha! Who wants to be known as a responsible adult anyway, Mrs H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3. The three wise monkeys come to mind; you should definitely get a third mobile :)

    ReplyDelete