Friday, May 23, 2014

Tuesdays, Cycling and Simon


It’s that time of year again when the LSO dons his British Cycling commissaire kit and we go off to cycle races. (Commissaire means referee in cycling.)
Tuesday nights are spent at Stourport-on-Severn where there is a sports club complete with circuit for cycling and while the LSO makes sure the riders are behaving I write down the numbers of those who have been lapped or have dropped out. I even try to list the first ten over the line at the end. Thankfully there are always people from the promoting clubs with cameras too.
And speaking of cameras, I must get Simon Whaley’s new book, Photography For Writers (Compass Points) because, as you can see from the picture I took I do need some advice.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic day Lynne. If the only way to take a clear moving picture is to invest in a very expensive camera, you could take the cheaper option and shout, 'STOP!' :):)

    ReplyDelete