Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Thought For The Day


As I was dressing the bed this morning my brain asked, ‘Why do you waste time doing this?’ It’s enough to make the bed but I feel the need to add cushions and a throw. Why a throw? Because it’s lovely and soft to wrap around my shoulders when I sit up in bed to read.


And then came another thought.

The green teapot. When I discovered the handle was loose why didn’t I throw it away? It could never be used to hold scalding tea again.

Just like the bed I had to be creative with the teapot. Is it all a waste of time?

Then I had a big thought. What if everyone just wanted things to be nice? Not just themselves and their homes but their lives, their surroundings, their world. What if we could all be a little more creative?

Perhaps if we all made things pretty the world could be a better place.
 

6 comments:

  1. Good point,Lynne. But I thought you said the teapot was green? With no handle? Have you redecorated it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is green. It only looks yellow in the photo and the handle is still hanging on by a thread but too dangerous to use. I think decorating teapots is a little too anal, even for me! Though I often do daft things so that I don't need to tackle a writing problem.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea Lynne. Prettiness is good for the soul isn't it? Beautiful flowers, gorgeous scenery, pretty animals. But yes if everybody tried to create prettiness and everybody was just KIND to one another what a wonderful world it would be xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid my husband wouldn't agree with you, Lynne - he can't see the point of cushions... throws... flowers.... then again, he is an engineer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Engineers have their own sort of order, Wendy. And my husband would agree with yours about the cushions and throws. He approves of flowers though and often buys me some.

      Delete
  4. Flowers make a room, and I have also used items that would otherwise have been thrown away such as your wobbly-handled tea pot. I broke the lid of a lovely tall coffee pot and that now makes a delightful vase. But if anyone has a lid for the Royal Worcester 'Verona' design coffee pot, I'd like it please!
    I'm sure that making our environment more pleasing as a positive effect. It would be sad if we only had things in our home that were merely 'functional'.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete