Monday, October 27, 2014

Go on. Reveal a fantasy.


 Reveal a fantasy -- Imagine what could be and let your words shape its reality.
This is the second suggestion for blog ideas from Brian Feinblum.
http://bookmarketingbuzzblog.blogspot.co.uk/

I’ve been giving this one some thought and, apart from the usual for writers- creating a best-seller – or for most people – winning the lottery, I can’t come up with a fantasy. Maybe it’s because I’m happy with life as it is. But here is a made-up one I came up with a few years back whilst at Writers’ Holiday.
The men sitting at our table were discussing the class they’d been to on erotic writing. One was trying to embarrass us. I don’t do embarrassed so when he challenged me, asking what my erotic fantasy was I told him – and he blushed. Want to hear it? It’s more silly than erotic and came off the top of my head but I always believe that if you say something with conviction it sounds true. Here goes –

I said, ‘I’ve always wanted to go on a child’s slide, a big one, and land in mud at the bottom. With no knickers on.’

10 comments:

  1. Ummmm...Not sure about that one...Sounds squidgy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I'd have liked to have seen his expression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to come up with a fantasy when you're content with life isn't it!
    My husband is a passmaster at saying stuff with conviction - oh the short cuts we've traversed that have turned out to be very lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng because he's said - with the utmost conviction whilst not having a clue - that it's the 'right way!'
    Like Wendy I would have loved to have seen that man's expression!!! Brilliant :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, you had him there. Bet he's never forgotten that... And you should be writing erotica.... 50 shades of mud.... go on, Lynne, you know you want to:)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. There's a thought. Fifty Shades of Mud. Is there an erotcom (erotic comedy) genre? If not maybe I'll start one.

      Delete
  5. That takes having a mud pack to the extreme. I like it! Apart from losing 20Kg, a fantasy that can come true if I go into the hall of mirrors and aim for the slimming mirror, my fantasy would be to host a great big "Fountain" party for all the people I like in my life. There would be a chocolate fountain, a champagne fountain, a jelly fountain, a soft icecream fountain: the list is endless. You will all be welcome. I'll let you know! AND of course, I would provide a large slide and a mud bath, just for Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you make that mud melted chocolate? Please. Then I'd go down the slide head first.

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure a bare bottom would slide properly, would it? I'd love to walk naked through a sea of jelly. The jelly would have to be green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually wouldn't Walking Naked Through Jelly make a brilliant book title?

      Delete
    2. Do you think oil would work to create more slip and slide? Loving the book title.

      Delete