Sunday, October 19, 2014

What to blog about


Help! I don’t know what to blog about. How fortunate that Brian Feinblum gave me (and everyone else on the planet) a list of things.  Here’s his link and what he says.


Brian Feinblum, the creator and author of BookMarketingBuzzBlog, is the chief marketing officer for the nation's largest book promotions firm, Media Connect (www.Media-Connect.com), formerly Planned Television Arts, and has been involved in book publicity and marketing since 1989

Brian then says, ‘It always amazes me when some writers say they don’t know what to blog about. The possibilities are endless. Perhaps what they need is a template of general topic areas that will generate an idea of what you can write about. Here are 39 areas one can blog on:’

Number 1 is to share a memory so here goes. One night last week I gave a talk on How and why you should write your memoirs and I asked my audience what their first memories were. We had some good ones. Mine is when I was three and was bridesmaid at my Aunt’s wedding. I remember the scratchy feel of the lace on my dress and the soft velvety feel of the fake flowers on my Alice band. And I remember my Aunt turning around to look at me as we walked up the aisle and, seeing me trailing my posy of flowers down at my side, hissing, ‘Hold those flowers up.’ So I did, for a few seconds.  Just long enough for her to face the front again.

If you want to start with number 1 then feel free to post a memory here, or perhaps it’s something you could do on your own blog. There are 38 more ideas to come at some point. As they say, Watch this space.

4 comments:

  1. You could start a new thing, Lynne - Memory Mondays!

    I bet you were a cute little bridesmaid - and a rebel even then :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Church was never meant for me. I was confirmed because my Gran wanted it but I insisted on wearing black stockings along with my white dress.

      Delete
  2. Oooo, bridesmaids! That's triggered something, Lynne. I was about 4 when I was bridesmaid for my aunt and uncle. When the car arrived to take me to the church, I wouldn't get in because I thought the chauffeur was a policeman and he'd come to take me away! Guilty conscience, obviously! I wonder what I'd done? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Glad I triggered a memory for you. Perhaps I should do a bridesmaid blog.

      Delete