Wednesday, October 01, 2014

October giggle blog


I’d been writing for so long that I realised people would think I was ancient so, a few years back, I came up with a cunning plan – I’d knock ten years off my age. Nice people would say I looked fine and not so nice might think, or even say, ‘She’s had a hard life if she’s only **.’
I then realised my daughter would have been born when I was ten so I told her to take ten years off too.  That meant the grandson, Dan, needed to drop a decade. I broke the news. He was nine at the time.
‘That’ll make me minus one,’ he wailed. ‘I don’t want to be minus one.’
He didn’t get a choice. The following year, on his tenth birthday, I sent his Mom a card saying, ‘Congratulations on the birth of your Baby Boy!’

And there’s more…
We’ve been laying slabs and stones around a tree stump and underneath it all placed a membrane which is supposed to stop a lot of weed growth. Yesterday we noticed that a large chunk of uncovered membrane was missing. It was semi-circular and looked as if something had chewed through it. Then, last night I spotted the culprit. A little fox. I shooed him away and then felt guilty. The membrane is soft and probably makes a cosy blanket wherever he lives. I wondered if he’d come back for the remainder of the roll. He could bring a mate and they could take an end each and carry it across the garden to the hole in the fence. I could even hear him saying (in Fox) to his mate, ‘Left a bit, right a bit,’ as they manoeuvred it through he gap.

 And from Sue Blackburn
Well I was in a rush but even so…
I'd been cleaning (no that's not the giggle although it well could be) and afterwards was in the bathroom putting on a bit of lippy as you do, and doing the old hair before going out. Tweaked to relative satisfaction I duly sprayed it. As I'm reasonably quick on the uptake in some areas I knew immediately something was not quite right. I'd used the spray polish. And no it didn't make my hair lovely and shiny.

4 comments:

  1. Great giggles, Lynne and Sue. That's so funny, baby boy at 10. My mum, suddenly came up with an idea when I was about 12. She said, 'call me Lil, when we're out. I'd never heard of anything so daft. Sounds like a great story title, now then.
    Sue, I've done that with hair spray under the arms instead of deodorant. I mean, it's not as if they're hairy or anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - loved these, Lynne and I can just picture those little foxes making off with your roll of membrane.
    And Sue - I bet you smelled lovely, like a nicely polished table ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suppose there's worse things to smell of Teresa but it's not quite the aroma I was aiming for!
    Oh Lynne that's just hilarious - and those little foxes making off with the membrane. Awwwww :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we should all try your age reduction techniques. I also recommend adding ten years to your age and then everyone thinks you like marvellous!

    ReplyDelete