Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Counting Blessings


Andy tells us about the school play. His daughter, four year old Amelia, is a Townspeoples. (No, I haven’t spelled it wrongly.) He wasn’t too sure what that meant. He had also thought that the main parts in a nativity play belonged to Mary and Joseph. Not in this one. The Innkeeper’s Cat stole the show.

Just one of the many things that have cheered us over the past three days. Colin is now home after having another three stents. He now has nine in all and has to go back for another next year. These are keeping his arteries open and his heart working. Once again the heart ward was full of men who didn’t smoke and weren’t overweight. Colin’s problem is hereditary.

We have had so many lovely messages from friends and family. It’s made us realise once again how lucky we are.

Thank you to everyone who sent us good wishes.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he's well, Lynne. Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frances. I hope you are more comfortable now.

      Delete
  2. I must say, writing and directing the school's Christmas plays is one thing I really miss, since leaving the profession. Children are so unpredictable. I was invited to go back to school for this year's play and the children still remember me, which is great. What is not great is they all waved at me - a big no, no when singing the opening song of the play. Boy, did I got the death stares from the teachers. I hid my waving hand under my handbag.
    I'm so pleased Colin is feeling better. Wishing you both a wonderful Christmas and hope the new year is filled with good health, happiness and that tenth stent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend said if we cut the LSO in half we'd see that his heart was now made of Meccano. I quite fancy Meccano Man.
      Loved it that the kids waved to you at the school play.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely great news. You can now enjoy a wonderful Christmas and here's wishing you both a happy and healthy 2015 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. Hope your Xmas is exactly how you want it to be. xx

      Delete
  4. Of course 'The townspeoples' play a very vital role in any nativity - don't you just love them! Stents are a fabulous invention - here's hoping Colin is as right as rain now and able to enjoy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete