Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year and here is the January giggle blog


When the LSO wouldn’t play.
Amelia had a long piece of ribbon with a large loop at one end. ‘Put your hand through there, Colin,’ she said, so he slipped his hand through the loop and let her walk him around as if he was a pet dog. ‘Now put your foot through there,’ she said and the loop went around his ankle. He managed a funny sort of limp as she dragged him around.
‘Lift me up,’ she said and she managed to throw the ribbon over a beam. ‘Now put your neck through there,’ she said, and that’s when Colin stopped playing.

The piano story. (see post below)
I was nine years old and wanted a piano. I begged, pleaded, sulked and finally got one but Dad told me not to write in my school diary about how I got it.
The piano arrived on the back of a truck. The keys were a bit yellow but I didn’t know about nicotine back then. There was candelabrum on both sides of this shiny brown upright. A local pub had thrown it out and Dad had decided to rescue it. I think my teacher might have admired my Dad’s resourcefulness but he didn’t want an embroidered version appearing in my school book. I can now understand why because looking at one entry (below) it’s a wonder the teacher didn’t send the police around to our house.

Our 'front' room wasn't bare but I couldn't be bothered to draw in any furniture.

And from Sue Blackburn

My grandson (11) was playing Christmas Carols on his saxophone and we were singing along happily and I was thinking this is real old fashioned entertainment. Then Leo sorted through his music. "Here's one Granny Sue should recognise, Mum, cos it's old," says he blithely.
Out of the mouths of babes eh!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I guessed the piano story :) Did you learn to play it? Poor Sue - aren't kids just the best :):) I started getting comments like that from my year 4's ten years ago. I was only 35. Kids do make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Meat me outside' - priceless! A very Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was only ever one career for you Lynne!

    ReplyDelete