Monday, May 18, 2015

Time-travelling with a laptop

This blog is called I Should Be Writing and I am. Guess what I am doing. Two things at once. I’m writing and time-travelling, stepping back in time and writing about our adventures when we went around the coastline of Britain in our motorhome. I made lots of notes back then and am enjoying doing the trip all over again but this time from my desk. And when I’m not time-travelling? I'm also critiquing a book for a student, planning another book which I shall sensibly try to sell as a series of articles first (short stuff pays better) and writing up a couple of interviews.

Today I need to plan my talk for the Gloucestershire meeting of the Society of Authors. Leaving everything until the last minute again, like a true writer. The meeting is tomorrow.

I don’t often blog about writing because when a subject crops up the realisation dawns that I could use it for my Novel Ideas column in Writing Magazine (and get paid).

I’m busy and loving it.

2 comments:

  1. Busy lady as always. It's great to look back on memories and relive that time isn't it. Good luck with your talk tomorrow. They're in for a treat :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those road trips sound good.... You could call the book, 'Writing Tips from the Road Trip' then have a cartoon picture of a campervan going over the brow of a mountain, and the sea on the other side. I always read your column first in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete