Monday, June 22, 2015

Sometimes you can be too helpful

A lessons I have learned about being too helpful.
Do not help any female stranger - as I did - if you see their skirt tucked into their knickers. In hindsight I should have whispered something discreetly. I didn’t. I stood behind her and pulled her skirt out. It’s a good job my reactions are quick because she turned around in alarm and attempted to slap me. I ducked. Last time I’ll be doing that.
But I nearly did a repeat when I saw a man walking in front of me. He was wearing new jeans and the price ticket was still on the back pocket. I was about to rip it off but stopped myself.
They were expensive jeans. I let him walk and brag.


5 comments:

  1. I almost fell off the chair laughing at this, Lynne. Mostly because I can imagine you doing that. Poor woman must have had the shock of her life - a discreet word would have been best, but then I wouldn't have had a good laugh. You are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious Lynne. Only you .......:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you ducked in time. Leave it and laugh next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene is playing over and over in my mind and I'm still chuckling, Lynne. Story material...? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this and had a good laugh. So glad you left the label.

    ReplyDelete