Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Perfect Day

I know it’s going to be a good day even though it’s barely begun. You get from life what you expect. The LSO taught me that. Every morning when he wakes he says thank you for being alive.

I woke at 7am after a good night’s sleep and couldn’t wait to get out of bed and start my good day.

Two M&S crumpets for breakfast with orange and ginger marmalade. Gorgeous, even if no-one outside the Midlands knows the difference between a crumpet and a pikelet. They were pikelets.

Turn to Facebook and emails first. I used to think it was wasting time but now I’ve unfriended all those who made me feel down I enjoy this and it’s a good way to start a day – contact with friends.

Began writing up an interview and stopped to have a reflexology treatment. How lucky am I, to be married to a reflexologist?

A cup of tea placed on my desk.

Interview completed and a bit of work done on the WIP.

Bread from Green Link, the organic shop. Lunch is a slice of Ledbury Loaf with vegetarian mushroom paté  and salad.

The sun shines. We go for a walk in Golden Valley, at the foot of the Malverns.

A long phone call from a friend.

The LSO cooks dinner.

Castle is on television. I love him. The LSO loves Beckett so that’s all right.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds idyllic, Lynne. Here, the rain is tipping down...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But we need it so the flowers can drink and the little taters can grow fat. Though, perhaps not in such huge quantities as this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Perfect, Lynne. I had to look up pikelets and they are different from crumpets aren't they!

    We've only recently started watching Castle from the beginning - now on series 4, so quite a lot of catching up to do. My favourite is Esposito! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pikelets are the ones with lots of holes in so the butter can soak through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely approach to life. So pleased you had a great day. I bought a little plastic sunflower in a pot from a gadget shop on my recent holiday in Belgium. Its yellow head bobs from side to side and its leaves bounce up and down. It sits on the edge of my writing desk and reminds me daily to stay positive. Mind you, I have to give it a nudge on dull days - it's solar operated :) Wishing you many more lovely days with Pikelets!! Yummy - especially when the butter runs down your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to start the day with a positive attitude. I find it helps to deflect other people's negativity as you go about your daily life.

    ReplyDelete