Sunday, August 02, 2015

Three signs (I don't mean Omens)

Seen outside a farm - LOGS, STICKS AND HOT MAX
Now I know what logs and sticks are but what is Hot Max? Or should that be who is Hot Max? Being a writer I’m thinking times are hard and the farmer’s hiring out his son. I’ll leave it to you to guess what for.

And does this one, seen on a menu board, mean cannibals are welcome?
CHEFS SKINS
The lack of an apostrophe isn’t down to me.

And this one seen in a book shop/café could be awkward, especially as it was on the back of the loo door.

IF THE TOILET ROLL DISPENSER IS EMPTY PLEASE GET A FRESH ONE FROM RECEPTION.
Oops! Too late.

10 comments:

  1. Have you seen the signs in the countryside advertising 'Farmers Own Seed'? Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go away! This one always gives me a vivid picture and you've conjured it up again now and I'm not enjoying my morning chocolat.

      Delete
  2. Hot Max - Mad Max after he's finished chopping up all those logs and sticks? (I'm sure there's a perfectly logical - and innocent - explanation but I can't think what it might be!)
    My favourite sign is the one outside our village cricket club: No Dogs on the Field or Motorbikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot hot Max is high quality wood or briquettes for wood burning stoves, but you knew that didn't you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only thought to Google it after I'd posted this. But it's spelled hotmax and Hot Max makes it completely different. The joys of spelling and correct punctuation.

      Delete
  4. Hee, hee. I have a vision of Hot Max now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee, hee. I have a vision of Hot Max now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Lynne. Still giggling.

    Sign at our local bistro (Fat Seagull) always makes me giggle. Parking for Fat Seagull Only xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one. If he's ever parking there please take a photo.

      Delete