Sunday, October 04, 2015

Lynne's Secret Diary (aged 9 years and 17 days)



This is the first page of my school diary. It was written in pencil and my mother, who kept it in a drawer for years – which is the reason it’s survived – has written over the pencil in ink on this particular page. The cover didn’t survive.

What this entry doesn’t say is that we all thought my cousin needed to go to dancing classes to lose some puppy fat. (We all thought means I overheard my mother and grandmother discussing this.) I wonder if that’s why the teacher gave her a long dress. In an effort to cover her up, perhaps? At least I didn’t attempt a picture of her. Kids can be so cruel.

5 comments:

  1. I love reading your diary extracts, Lynne. Always a writer :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So helpful and caring, your kind nature is there from the start, Lynne. Brilliant words and pictures, and well done to your Mum for keeping them safe to share with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Mexican hat dance? Now that's something worth seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can draw as well? Brilliant. You are a woman of many talents, Lynne. Great diary entry. Gold star for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. Seeing your brilliant extracts makes me really wish I'd kept a diary xx

    ReplyDelete