Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Promotion pack for Sally Bridgewater’s Newbie to Novelist challenge


Introduction

You may be familiar with National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) - the great global gathering each November where people attempt to write 50,000 words of their book. Well this year I, Sally Bridgewater, am going even further.
The ‘Newbie to Novelist’ challenge
Here’s what I am aiming to do:
·         The 7th November ‘Wordathon’: write 50,000 words in a DAY. That's over 2,000 words an hour, for 24 hours.
·         During Novemberfinish my whole first draft (maybe 100,000 words or more).
Why am I putting myself through this? To raise money for a great cause, that's why, and help NaNoWriMo bring the joy of writing to disadvantaged people. I am aiming to raise $1,667 - 1,667 is a special number because it is the daily wordcount goal that all 'WriMos' have to achieve in order to reach 50,000 words in 30 days.
I am also aiming to invite as many people as I can into my life to follow the whole process of becoming a novel-finisher. Here’s a short introduction to me: I am Sally, a music theory tutor and the coordinator for the Writing Magazine’s creative writing courses and competitions (both of which I highly recommend, by the way). I like playing with my dog and supporting my boyfriend by being Chief Groupie for his band The Red Levels (also highly recommended!).
Follow my progress by visiting my various web-spaces below. Any view or comment will give me vital encouragement in this ambitious (some might say ludicrous) trial of words.

The big ones

·         My website.
·         My sponsorship page.

Behind-the-Scenes extras (beware: here there be spoilers!)

·         LIVE: See my planning and plotting notes.
·         LIVE: Read the first draft as I write it.
·         Read my blog for more about the process of writing a novel.
·         My Snapchat name: Salstar24

Get involved

·         Use the hashtag #new2nov to talk about this challenge!
·         Sign up for my email list.
·         Like my Facebook page.
·         Follow me on Twitter.
·         My (little-used) Tumblr.

Support me with your spare cash

If you have already donated to my sponsorship page and you are still feeling generous, then thank you!

·         Become one of my regular Patrons on Patreon and donate a few dollars each time I create something.

No comments:

Post a Comment