1. Were fireworks being given away free at food-banks? It seemed that the biggest firework displays came from the poorest areas. (The same goes for houses nauseatingly decorated with millions of Xmas lights.)
2. It must be time for me to get my S.A.D. lamp out after having a week of dark days.
3. I love my calendar. Glynis Scrivens, my cyber-sister, sends me a calendar from Australia each year. It means I get to look at pictures of sun-baked beaches when it’s cold, miserable weather here.
4. So, for July and August why don’t we put snow scenes on our calendars and keep our sunny days for November through to February?
5. I am a true and loyal friend. I will help anyone if it is possible for me to do so but make the mistake of thinking you can walk all over me and you should be afraid. Very afraid.
6. I thought up a good programme for television. A follow-up to Homes Under the Hammer where people buy up houses, do them up and rent them out. How about one where the cameras return 12 months later and see what the tenants have turned these immaculate homes into? The Tenants From Hell. Then I saw there’s already a show about this.
7. I don’t want to do dark magic but I so want someone to get their come-uppance. I am tempted.
8. Making good plans. We are going to sell both houses, move somewhere with no mortgage, buy a motorhome and travel again.
9. Why are my hands aching just from thinking about Sally Bridgewater who achieved her target of 50,010 words, written in 24 hours yesterday? She typed at a speed of 2000 words per hour and it’s me who is aching.