The ‘Newbie to Novelist’ challenge
Here’s what I am aiming to do:
· The 7th November ‘Wordathon’: write 50,000 words in a DAY. That's over 2,000 words an hour, for 24 hours.
· During November: finish my whole first draft (maybe 100,000 words or more).
Why am I putting myself through this? To raise money for a great cause, that's why, and help NaNoWriMo bring the joy of writing to disadvantaged people. I am aiming to raise $1,667 - 1,667 is a special number because it is the daily wordcount goal that all 'WriMos' have to achieve in order to reach 50,000 words in 30 days.
I am also aiming to invite as many people as I can into my life to follow the whole process of becoming a novel-finisher. Here’s a short introduction to me: I am Sally, a music theory tutor and the coordinator for the Writing Magazine’s creative writing courses and competitions (both of which I highly recommend, by the way). I like playing with my dog and supporting my boyfriend by being Chief Groupie for his band The Red Levels (also highly recommended!).
Follow my progress by visiting my various web-spaces below. Any view or comment will give me vital encouragement in this ambitious (some might say ludicrous) trial of words.
The big ones
· My website.
· My sponsorship page.
Behind-the-Scenes extras (beware: here there be spoilers!)
· LIVE: See my planning and plotting notes.
· LIVE: Read the first draft as I write it.
· Read my blog for more about the process of writing a novel.
· My Snapchat name: Salstar24
· Use the hashtag #new2nov to talk about this challenge!
· Sign up for my email list.
· Like my Facebook page.
· Follow me on Twitter.
· My (little-used) Tumblr.
Support me with your spare cash
If you have already donated to my sponsorship page and you are still feeling generous, then thank you!
· Become one of my regular Patrons on Patreon and donate a few dollars each time I create something.