Saturday, January 30, 2016

Lynne's secret diary (farts censored) Aged 9 and 23 days

There are a few mysteries in this entry. I remember Ann. She lived in the next street and, after going to St John’s Junior School together, we went to grammar school together too. But who is Janette? I have no idea. I also don’t have a clue why David’s pushchair had to be returned. He must have been about a year old at this time.
This one is a bit of a boring entry. Perhaps I wasn’t feeling well and my imagination didn’t kick in. I always tried to keep the teacher amused. Or perhaps we did something we shouldn’t have on the way home. We’d have gone through the churchyard, using it as a short-cut. Ann always swore there was a grave there that had the inscription – ‘Fart free wherever you be, For the squeeze of a fart was the death of me’. I’d definitely have censored that bit. We never found that grave but if I returned there now I'd still search for it.



4 comments:

  1. That's ever so precise with times and things. Wonder what the ship means? Is that in the story maybe or that you're good at drawing ships? Lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny - who is the mysterious Janette? I love the illustrations - and you were reading one of my favourite books :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jeanette was your imaginary friend. I had an Auntie Beryl too - she made the best meringues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ship! That was about the only thing I could draw at school :) Maybe Janette was Ann's cousin, just visiting for the day. Poor Janette - she obviously didn't make much of a lasting impression. Bless her. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete