Sunday, February 21, 2016

Deleting procrastination and gaining time

What have I done this week? I’ve turned out more work that I have for months. Would you like to know how I did this?
I closed my Facebook account.
Have I missed it? No.
Do I feel better? Yes.
I was getting sick of being told to share this, like that, here’s my dinner, here’s me on holiday (with the unwritten lines – be jealous, be very jealous). Politics and religion were being argued about all the time and the whole thing was making me miserable. In fact, there has been a psychological study done regarding Facebook and it was discovered that many people felt depressed or angry after being on the site for a while.
I’m not saying I’ll never return. Never say never, but for now I have plenty of work to do, under various names, and I am returning to short story writing after a long break. Turning to Facebook when the going gets tough is no longer an option and I deleted all games years ago.

I enjoy writing my blog and I keep in touch with friends via email or I actually - and you may think this is really quaint – meet up with them, face to face.

9 comments:

  1. Great news, Lynne. So pleased you are writing short stories again and enjoying your writing. Hope to see you again soon, when I'm next over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Lynne. Life's too short to be doing something you don't enjoy and it's wonderful you'll be back in the short story fiction world again.
    Love your blog and just wish you were nearer so we could - quaint like - meet up face to face :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we manifest the motorhome we'll be sure to come up your way.

      Delete
    2. Fantastic. See you really soon then! WooHoo :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Very pleased to hear you're back to short story writing! I find FB just makes me cross a lot of the time, but sometimes it makes me laugh. I still like blogs and emails best though - and face to face on those rare occasions :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Colin's Facebook friends entertaining. And naturally we'll be emailing and I read your blog.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you're producing a lot more work. It's shocking how much time can be wasted on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're producing a lot more work. It's shocking how much time can be wasted on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete